[grsec] vmware workstation 7 on linux (kernel 2.6.31.11 with grsec)

grsecurity grsec at novicom.cz
Wed Jan 13 08:10:55 EST 2010

Hi all,
later I used vmware workstation 6.5.3 on Linux ( kernel 2.6.27.x with
grsec patch ) without problem. Now I try use vmware workstation 7 on 64
bit linux (kernel 2.6.31.11 with grsec patch ), and I cannot boot any
guest under vmware workstation 7 running on linux (kernel 2.6.31.11 with
grsec).
When on host I boot kernel 2.6.31.11 without grsec patch, everything work
without problem - I can boot any guest under vmware. But when on host I
boot kernel with grsec  patch ( but grsec and PaX, ... are disabled in
menu - so kernel should be without grsec security enchantments ), and when
I try boot any guest, the host stopped all activity and freeze. Has
anybody here experience with wmware workstation 7 on linux with grsec
patch ?

Thank you, Petr