[grsec] vmware workstation 7 on linux (kernel 2.6.31.11 with grsec)

pageexec at freemail.hu pageexec at freemail.hu
Tue Jan 19 04:53:15 EST 2010

On 13 Jan 2010 at 14:10, grsecurity wrote:

> When on host I boot kernel 2.6.31.11 without grsec patch, everything work
> without problem - I can boot any guest under vmware. But when on host I
> boot kernel with grsec  patch ( but grsec and PaX, ... are disabled in
> menu - so kernel should be without grsec security enchantments ), and when

some PaX features/changes are always on, not under .config control and
can conflict with other kernel code, especially low-level stuff. also in
general hypervisors don't play well with PaX (they write to read-only memory,
have their own module loader subsystem like vbox, etc), so i didn't spend
much time on getting these to work yet. volunteers are welcome ;).