[grsec] 201001031728.patch causes crash in net/bnx2 driver

Jim Blomo jim at pbwiki.com
Wed Jan 6 21:05:25 EST 2010

I'm hoping for advice on how to track this bug down further.  We have
Dell 2950 boxes with on-board Broadcom NetExtreme II NICs.  These are
driven by bnx2, which uses a blob firmware file.  We've used
grsecurity for several years, but the two most recent kernels 26.31
and 2.6.32(.2), when patched with grsec, cause a hard reboot when
the box hard reboots during kernel initialization.

I've been unable to capture any logs, and no errors appear on screen
before the reboot, so I'm not sure how to proceed.  Cheers,

Jim