[grsec] PaX

Banszki Gabor banszki.gabor at chello.hu
Thu May 5 17:24:25 EDT 2005

First, Thank you for your answer,

As I know the Hardened Debian is in ruins.....
(the last update: 2004/11/22)
Maybee..... I can try to build my "own hardened Debian"... :))

> automation is another issue (e.g., changing CFLAGS/LDFLAGS is not
> enough for every package, and then you'll have to pay attention to
I can rebuild the most important debian packages to PIE by changing the
CFLAGS/LDFLAGS and sometimes by modifing the debian rules script.
Of course somebody can ask the question: What are the most important
packages? (all network daemons, clients and all binaries whith admin
role)
Is this a good approach?

What is your opinion?

I am afraid of Hardened Gentoo a little bit...:((

Banszki Gabor <banszki.gabor at chello.hu>