[grsec] Re: Bad EIP Value on Athalon 700

Dennis Freise cat at final-frontier.ath.cx
Fri Jan 14 07:39:25 EST 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:59:10 +0000 (GMT)
John Logsdon <j.logsdon at quantex-research.com> wrote:

> I too have been caught out hand-editing .config files - although on this
> occasion it just didn't work!

Well, I've been caught by this too. I also copied my old .config to the new
kernel source tree, did 'make oldconfig' and ended up with KERNEXEC=y and
PCI_BIOS=y. Checking 'make menuconfig' I'm still able to select whatever I like
for PCI access, selecting 'any' does not disable kernexec...

--
Dennis Freise <cat at final-frontier.ath.cx>
GnuPG key: 2DE8 CCEF 6E20 11D4 3B27  21EC B0BA 1749 D2C8 38ED