[grsec] Re: Bad EIP Value on Athalon 700

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Thu Jan 6 03:59:10 EST 2005

I too have been caught out hand-editing .config files - although on this
occasion it just didn't work!

Whenever upgrading, copying config files or whatever, I now make oldconfig
which should sort out any inconsistencies and make xconfig to view the
settings.  I haven't had any config issues since - other things are in the
hands of the operator of course...

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com