[grsec] How to list total user resource usage

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Sun Feb 20 13:17:13 EST 2005

I have to disgree on this one, Jonas.

It is a function of an active sysadmin to keep an eye on load and inform
errant users, not of general users. It is also not good security for a
user even to know who else is logged in, which is an implication.

So if a machine is being hogged, dissatisfied users should pester the
sysadmin if they haven't been keeping an eye on things.  All that is
needed is a cronned job every few minutes that emails/SMSs the sysadmin if
various limits are exceeded.

Best wishes

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com