[grsec] Grsecurity + apache listening on multiple ports + excessive load

Adriano Caloiaro Adriano.Caloiaro at ccci.org
Thu Feb 10 14:40:53 EST 2005

Hello, I've run into a rather unusual problem the last few days.  I'm running apache 2.0.50 on 2 dell poweredge 2650 servers. Apache runs fine when I have it simply listening on port 80 for http connections, but when I have it listening on port 80 & 443 at the same time, the load on the server(s) almost immediately jump to 4.0.  However, this only happens while I'm running a grsecurity kernel and not the stock kernel from my distro.  Is anyone aware of what might cause this sort of behavior? Thanks

Adriano