[grsec] gradm2 Compiling errors on Woody/2.4.28

Xavier Sudre xavier at sudre.fr
Tue Nov 23 15:22:05 EST 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 at 10:44, spender at grsecurity.net wrote:
> > ./gradm_fulllearn_pass1.y:24: type clash (`' `notype') on default action
> > make: *** [fulllearn_pass1.tab.c] Error 1
>
> I've fixed this in CVS and in the tarball on the website, and compiled
> with bison (I've been using byacc) to make sure there are no more
> problems.
>
> In the future I'll use a versioning system similar to PaX that will have
> a timestamp as well as a version number, to prevent this "multiple
> copies of the same named tarball" problem.  The gradm version is tied to
> the grsec version, so I'd like to avoid changing version numbers for
> compilation problems.

Hi,

The new package available on the web site compiles well.  Regarding the
versioning, I agree that the timestamp as weel as the version number
will be much better to handle the multiple copies of the same tarball.
Is this something that could be applied to gradm too by just renaming
the generated tarball without having to change the version in the soucre
code?

By the way, running "gradm -v", I noticed that the copyright
dates might need a little update.

gradm v2.0.2
Licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL)
Copyright 2002,2003  Brad Spengler

Regards,

Xavier.

--