Full learning quirks in 2.0.2 was: Re: [grsec] Reboot problem

Jonas Jakobsson jonas at update.uu.se
Mon Dec 13 14:56:30 EST 2004

* John Logsdon (j.logsdon at quantex-research.com) wrote:
> And if I reboot, I still can't ssh in to any user.

This is not really related to the above, but i also had problems to ssh
to my machine. It turned out this rule (created by gradm on full system
learning) was at fault:

subject /path/to/sshd o {
/dev/pts/0		rw
/dev/pts/1		rw
/dev/pts/2		rw
/dev/pts/3		rw
}

Which should be:
subject /path/to/sshd o {
/dev/pts		rw
}

Probably since pts/X does not exist when enabling the access control.

Another quirk after a full system learning is that the rules have to be
edited by hand, especially to take away some /proc/PID rules. Even after
more that 4 runs with 4 different pids, all pids are listed, most of the
time at least.

It would be nice if the documentation stated clearly that
/etc/grsec/policy is the place for the acl.
It took some time for me to discover that :-)

--
/Jonas
HP: http://www.update.uu.se/~jonas