Full learning quirks in 2.0.2 was: Re: [grsec] Reboot problem

Brad Spengler spender at grsecurity.net
Mon Dec 13 20:46:02 EST 2004

> subject /path/to/sshd o {
> /dev/pts/0		rw
> /dev/pts/1		rw
> /dev/pts/2		rw
> /dev/pts/3		rw
> }
>
> Which should be:
> subject /path/to/sshd o {
> /dev/pts		rw
> }

I've updated the learning weights in current CVS.  You'll notice with
the new version, it reduces these properly.

> Another quirk after a full system learning is that the rules have to be
> edited by hand, especially to take away some /proc/PID rules. Even after
> more that 4 runs with 4 different pids, all pids are listed, most of the
> time at least.

I've modified grlearn to rewrite these rules in current CVS, so
/proc/pid/* will always get reduced to /proc and will only be written to
disk as /proc, saving huge amounts of disk space when learning with apps
like top.

> It would be nice if the documentation stated clearly that
> /etc/grsec/policy is the place for the acl.
> It took some time for me to discover that :-)

I've corrected the last two dangling references in CVS to/etc/grsec/acl
in gradm itself.

-Brad