[grsec] grsecurity and a minecraft-plugin (java)

pageexec at freemail.hu pageexec at freemail.hu
Fri Dec 2 07:05:02 EST 2011

On 2 Dec 2011 at 13:34, Daniel Schulz wrote:
> Sorry, i'm a little bit confused now (and sorry for mailing directly
> to you), because sometimes the Bukkit-Server starts and sometimes not,
> always the same kernel. I have reboot again and start the server normal:

it's because the jvm runs out of address space randomly (due to ASLR the
biggest address space hole size changes randomly, so sometimes this failing
allocation does succeed). now i don't quite see why the address space is
consumed so much based on the strace but i did note that you should be using
PAGEEXEC since your CPU is capable of NX support (you'll also have to enable
PAE in .config).