[grsec] State of Debian Packages

Brian Kroth bpkroth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 11:41:52 EDT 2010

Joel Merrick <joel.merrick at gmail.com> 2010-04-27 11:35:
> Hi all,
>
> Are the debian packages at cr0.org still being maintained? Also are
> there any x64 packages, or just i386?
>
> I've got a feeling that the answer will be to build the kernel from
> source, using make-kpkg, but would love to know if better official
> repositories exist
>
> Thanks,
> Joel

Here's the response I got from when I asked about that in January:

<snip/>

> 1) Would you consider including the ocf patch?

Not at this time. X86_64 support is my priority, as soon as I'll have time.
When that works, I may consider it.

> 2) Would you consider providing a second kernel build that has mprotect
> enabled?  Perhaps call it linux-image-grsec-mprotect

I would like a generic kernel with sysctl tunable instead. mprotect() would be
a good choice for that.

> 3) Would you consider providing an amd64 image?

Yes, I hope to do that soon :)

> Also, are you planning on bumping the version any time soon?

Yes, again I really need to find some time and do that.

<snip/>

Brian