[grsec] PAX: suspicious general protection fault: 0000 with 2.6.30.4 kernel

Brad Spengler spender at grsecurity.net
Tue Aug 4 12:55:30 EDT 2009

> PAX: suspicious general protection fault: 0000 [#1]
>
> while modprobing the modalises in /sys on my alpine linux distro, using
> the grsecurity-2.1.14-2.6.30.4-200908021708.patch

This has been fixed in PaX last night and will be included with a new
grsecurity patch to be uploaded this evening.

The PaX team is still working on resolving some remaining issues with
the 2.6.30.4 patch.  If anyone continues to experience problems after
the patch to be released tonight, the best way to help us debug the
problem is to provide a link to your config and vmlinux file (and
provide the date/time on the grsecurity patch you used).

-Brad