[grsec] Strange output from lsmod

pageexec at freemail.hu pageexec at freemail.hu
Thu Jan 12 18:54:53 EST 2006

On 12 Jan 2006 at 15:51, Christoph Pleger wrote:
> I added the grsecurity-2.1.7-patch to vanilla kernel 2.6.14.3 from
> kernel.org. After compiling, installing and booting the new kernel lsmod
> from module-init-tools displays strange things, even when all grsecurity
> features are disabled in the kernel configuration. This does not happen
> without applying the grsecurity-patch.

it's caused by the PaX related changes to the module loader, the
kernel emits more info than vanilla and lsmod gets confused by it
(you can always look at /proc/modules directly though). although
it's useful info (for me at least), i reverted it in my latest
patch, so i guess it'll go into grsec soon.