[grsec] grsecurity 2.1.9 updated for 2.4.33/2.6.17.8

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon Aug 14 13:23:48 EDT 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Brad Spengler wrote:

> For those of you who were waiting for the final release of the 2.4.33
> kernel to upgrade, new patches have been uploaded to the website.
> Again, we recommend you use the 2.4 series of kernels unless your
> hardware/distro will not work with 2.4.  Also, make sure to enable the
> new PaX UDEREF feature in your kernels, since it protects your system
> against exploitation of an entire class of kernel bugs.
>
> -Brad

Thanks, as a side note, it seems that iptables>1.3.3 is not working
correctly with 2.4 kernels and the patch-o-matic addons for 2.4 were
also removed around the time 1.3.4 was released (I reported this to the
iptables list, I have gotten only a similar report, but no answer
from the netfilter developers). It would be good to keep around an
iptables-1.3.3 stealth patch too (seeing that you updated it to 1.3.5).

Thanks, Peter