[grsec] gradm and grsec versions ! default.acl examples ?

Ned Ludd solar at gentoo.org
Tue Jul 27 17:52:24 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 07:58, Jean-François Maeyhieux wrote:
> Hi folks !
>
>   I recently decide to have a try on a hardened gentoo with grsecurity
> 2.0 on a 2.6.7 kernel (gentoo hardened one). I've installed (emerge)
> gradm and installed a new kernel with grsec configured. After this, i
> get:

Did you try the gradm in ~arch ?
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge gradm

As I think I pointed out already a patch exists in ~arch (testing) but
not in stable (for a reason).
If ~arch does not work open a bug at bugs.gentoo.org and assign it to
the hardened herd and we will take a new snapshot from CVS of gradm.

> # gradm -version
> gradm v2.0
> Licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL)
> Copyright 2002,2003  Brad Spengler
>
> #  gradm -D
> Password:
> You are using incompatible versions of gradm and grsecurity.
> Please update both versions to the ones available on the website.
>
> #uname -a
> Linux 2.6.7-hardened-r3 #3 Sun Jul 25 17:21:40 CEST 2004 i686 AMD
> Athlon(tm) XP AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
>
>         So what should i do ? how could i know the accurate gradm
> version to pick up ?
>

> On other hand,  i'm looking for a grsecurity-base-policy as
> default.acl to test it... how could i manage some examples ?

gradm comes with some templates that you can base your roles on. But
brad has put alot of work into the learning mode. Give it a try it
pretty much rocks your socks off.