[grsec] 64bit Debian, Java 1.7 64bit and Bukkit

PaX Team pageexec at freemail.hu
Wed May 9 15:52:24 EDT 2012

On 9 May 2012 at 12:24, Daniel Schulz wrote:

> root at server:/usr/local/jre1.7.0_04/bin# paxctl -v java
> - PaX flags: -p-s-m-x-e-r [java]

vs.

> root at server:/home/mc/bukkit-server# cat /proc/1411/status
> PaX:    PemRs

first, paxctl flags have no effect on your binary, so you should figure out how
you configured the PaX control method ;).

second, can you compile/run this small program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/mman.h>
int main(void)
{
        return (long)mmap(NULL, 2097152, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS|MAP_HUGETLB, -1, 0);
}

and see if it fails the same way? and if it does, can you try it on a more recent
kernel, say 3.3.5? i have the latter here and it worked fine, so maybe it's a problem
specific to 2.6.32 but before i make my system bootable with 2.6.32 again (hello udev),
i'd like to know for sure.

also, is there anything in dmesg or on the console when the system hangs (maybe try
netconsole)?