[grsec] Grsec + slabinfo

Brad Spengler spender at grsecurity.net
Sat May 29 09:42:53 EDT 2010

> Is this something that can get accepted into grsec?  I'm not sure there
> are any serious security problems giving out this info to root.  This
> would be like CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC but for slabinfo rather than processes.

I agree with the idea. It's fine for root to be able to read it -- if
users want to prevent root from reading it, the RBAC system has been
enforcing it for a while now by default.  The patch doesn't do
everything it should though to be equivalent to the old patch with just
the permission change.  For instance, /proc/slabinfo can be created by
either SLAB or SLUB, and both need to be changed in mm/slab.c and
mm/slub.c.  Also, /proc/slab_allocators, if it exists due to a debug
option, should be restricted in the same way.
I'll fix this up and include it in the next patch.

Thanks!

-Brad