[grsec] NOT fixed: patch 2.1.14-2.6.31.1-200909251752 doesn't boot

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Sun Sep 27 13:25:02 EDT 2009

Thanks for the info. However there IS a problem. The kernel builds but
freezes on boot when [trying to] mount /home.

It may be due to grsec or the version of my compilation suite. I built
29.6 and it booted.

The test seems to show that the problem is in grsec. However it is not
conclusive because the 29.6 that booted was for opteron processors,
while the 31.1 one that froze was for intel. I can't risk other tests
on intel right now, it's an essential production machine.

Another thing that I don't like is that grsec seems to force compat
VDSO. I have no idea what VDSO means but I don't need any
compatibility with old libc versions because we have a very recent
one. Is it really necessary?