[grsec] fixed: patch 2.1.14-2.6.31.1-200909251752 doesn't build

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Sat Sep 26 22:46:20 EDT 2009

It seems the problem is wrong permissions. grsecurity/Makefile
ends up removing user write permission for the build directory...
It's caused by

ifdef CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_HIDESYM
extra-y := grsec_hidesym.o
$(obj)/grsec_hidesym.o:
        @-chmod -f 500 /boot
        @-chmod -f 500 /lib/modules
        @-chmod -f 500 .
	           ***
        @echo '  grsec: protected kernel image paths'
endif

Changing it to 700 makes the build go fine. Well, almost. I get

WARNING: modpost: Found 2236 section mismatch(es).

but it also happens with previous patches. Why does it happen? When I put
the .config in a tree without grsec, make menuconfig and exit without
changing anything, and doing a make bzImage I get only 3 section
mismatches.

BTW, what do these mismatches mean?