[grsec] backporting fixes to older kernels

Zbyniu Krzystolik zbyniu at geocarbon.pl
Wed Oct 8 17:08:29 EDT 2008

Mniej wiecej Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 01:37:26PM +0200, zainteresowany Natanael Copa rzekl:
> Hi,
>
> I use a vserver+grsecurity patch from http://linux-vserver.org
>
> The latest stable vserver patch is for 2.6.22, but this one does not
> work on some hardware, inclusive qemu/kvm. IIRC there was some issues
> with some pax kernels that was fixed in newer releases.

You can try patches for 2.6.26/25 from PLD Linux repo:
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SOURCES/linux-2.6-grsec_full.patch
and then
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SOURCES/linux-2.6-grsec-common.patch

LINUX_2_6 branch is for .26
LINUX_2_6_25 for .25

These patches should be applied after vserver.
linux-2.6-grsec_full.patch will probably have one trivial fail caused
TOI (suspend2) patch we use. If you don't know how to fix it, I'll prepare
it for you.

Zbyniu
--
%% Absolutely nothing we trust %%