[grsec] backporting fixes to older kernels

pud at safeTpin.homeunix.org pud at safeTpin.homeunix.org
Mon Nov 10 01:15:53 EST 2008

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008, Natanael Copa wrote:

> The latest stable vserver patch is for 2.6.22, but this one does not
> work on some hardware, inclusive qemu/kvm. IIRC there was some issues
> with some pax kernels that was fixed in newer releases.
>
> I wonder if there is a way to trace the changes in the grsecurity
> patches so I can backport a fix for 2.6.22.
>
> Other suggestions?

you could try this one (and a newer kernel):
http://people.linux-vserver.org/~harry/patch-2.6.26.7-vs2.3.0.35.6-grsec2.1.12-2008103101.diff

the vserver patch itself seems to be quite stable, but if i remember right
someone in the irc channel said he's not so sure about this one ;)

=;p/ud

--
gpg-key #C3B04767