[grsec] mprotect, libapreq2

xyon xyon at indigorobot.com
Wed May 14 09:51:26 EDT 2008

> search the forum, solutions have been discussed many times. for a start,
> execstack -c.

Thank you for the tip. I scoured the forums and ran execstack -c on the
offending libs which solved the exec stack error. I am now faced with the ELF
text relocation error which, from what I can tell, requires a kernel
recompile (without the ELF kernel option), or turning mprotect off for the
httpd binary. Is there a third alternative? I don't think the performance
enhancement of Apache2::Request being available to mod_perl (instead of the
old CGI.pm) is worth the downgrade in security. Anyone have any opinions on
this?