[grsec] PAX enabled kernel and suspend2 - hangs during hibernate-ram

pageexec at freemail.hu pageexec at freemail.hu
Sun Jan 28 06:24:53 EST 2007

On 19 Jan 2007 at 9:53, Lubomir Host wrote:

> I'm trying to enable PAX in kernel 2.6.19.2 patched with suspend2 patch.
> Script hibernate-ram works great on my laptop, if PAX is not enabled
> (works on my 2.6.19.1-grsec kernel with the same suspend2 patch).

as a general note, there're several features in 2.6 that i have yet
to check out for interference with PaX, suspend is one of them. so
it's not wonder if it fails.

> CONFIG_PAX_KERNEXEC=y
> CONFIG_PAX_MEMORY_SANITIZE=y
> CONFIG_PAX_MEMORY_UDEREF=y
>
> Any ideas? Can I turn off some PAX options without security affect?

you could try without those 3 but as others said, it's a lot of compromise
on security. best would be if you could somehow debug where the kernel
hangs/crashes/etc and report that back. i understand that suspending is
tricky business, so it won't be an easy exercise.