[grsec] grsec's tcp source port randomization

Brant Williams brant at tnarb.net
Wed Apr 25 09:33:46 EDT 2007

A couple of list members have asked where I found the grsec changelog...
it's way outdated, for 2.1.0 from 2005...

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/386374

So I'm still wondering when/why TCP source port randomization was
removed... I've checked against grsec 2.1.10 for vanilla 2.4.34 as well as
Gentoo's hardened sources 2.6.18.

It's not a big deal, as I don't use grsec in any production environments
(so far just for personal interest).  As this used to be(?) a feature, it
would simply be nice to know what happened with it...and also if there are
any recent grsec changelogs... =)

Thanks, and sorry to be a pest.

-brant

Public GPG/PGP key for Brant Williams: 0x88E1AA9E.
Available at your friendly local public keyserver.