[grsec] Problem with 2.4.33.3 and grsec 2.1.9

pageexec at freemail.hu pageexec at freemail.hu
Fri Sep 15 19:30:11 EDT 2006

On 12 Sep 2006 at 8:14, Torbjörn Svensson wrote:

> CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PAX_MEMORY_SANITIZE=y
> CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PAX_MEMORY_UDEREF=y
>
> Shall I test a kernel with both these options disabled or just one of them?

yes, all combinations preferably. also, if you have (remote) console
access/logging, it'd be nice to capture anything that's printed before
the system crashes/reboots. the thing is, if any of the above causes
a kernel crash, there's some likelihood that the underlying problem
is in the kernel itself, not these features (as they detect/forbid
unsafe actions that would normally go unnoticed).