[grsec] Kernel Hangs: Highmem and GRSECURITY

Syed Ahemed kingkhan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 19:45:19 EDT 2006

Additional Information

None of the PAX or Grsecurity documents suggests the connection between the two.

Is this a bug or a feature ? Read on ...

Total amount of free Mem is 131 MB as per /proc/meminfo

When SEGMEXEC is enabled the Highmem available at bootup is 11 MB and
increases n decreases as per the load on the system

When SEGMEXEC is disabled in Grsecurity/PAX config , the Highmem
available is 2044 which remains constant no matter what the
traffic/load is

Please explain or send me pointers .

Regards
Kingkhan