[grsec] Grsecurity-2.1.8-2.6.14.6 and Mailman

Igor Gueths igueths at lava-net.com
Sat Jan 21 21:03:42 EST 2006

Hi all. I'm currently running an installation of Mailman-2.1.6 on my machine with Grsec installed, as indicated in the subject. I'm just curious as to what workarounds people are using to get
it to run properly, since things like tpe_restrict_all seem to prevent it from doing so. Since I have currently found no better way to get Mailman to run properly, I've resorted to disabling
inverted GID, and also tpe_restrict_all. I'm thinking there's probably a much better/secure way of running Mailman without the need to disable all the above settings? Any ideas are
appreciated. Thanks!
--
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
   security will deserve neither and lose both.