[grsec] grsecurity + skas UML patch for 2.6.14.5

Lubomir Host rajo at platon.sk
Tue Jan 3 06:59:38 EST 2006

Hi guys,

I have one question. It is possible to run grsecurity kernel with skas3
UML (User Mode Linux) patch from

http://www.user-mode-linux.org/~blaisorblade/patches/skas3-2.6/skas-2.6.14-v8.2/skas-2.6.14-v8.2.patch.bz2

? I have tried to create kernel with following patches (apply in this
order on linux-2.6.14.3):

http://www.grsecurity.net/grsecurity-2.1.7-2.6.14.3-200512111706.patch.gz
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/incr/patch-2.6.14.3-4.bz2
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/incr/patch-2.6.14.4-5.bz2
http://www.user-mode-linux.org/~blaisorblade/patches/skas3-2.6/skas-2.6.14-v8.2/skas-2.6.14-v8.2.patch.bz2

but little problem exists in linux-2.6.14.5-grsec-skas/mm/mmap.c.
Problem is with function do_mmap_pgoff(), because this function is
renamed in grsec and in skas patch too. I merge these patches together
but I don't have enought experiences to check, if everything is OK.

Please, can somebody check my patch? My patch can be downloaded from

http://rajo.platon.sk/patches/linux-2.6/patch-2.6.14.5--grsecurity-2.1.7--skas3-v8.2.patch
http://rajo.platon.sk/patches/linux-2.6/

Thanks, best regards

--
Lubomir Host 'rajo' <rajo AT platon.sk>   ICQ #:  257322664   ,''`.
Platon Group                              http://platon.sk/  : :' :