[grsec] shutting down grsecurity acl causes a kernel panic (free_variables slab issue, i think)

Andrew Griffiths andrewg at felinemenace.org
Sat Apr 22 01:24:31 EDT 2006

> The vmlinux image, system.map, .config and acl rules I'm using can be
> downloaded from http://felinemenace.org/~andrewg/acl-crash.tgz, or
> alternatively individually from
> http://felinemenace.org/~andrewg/acl-crash/

After playing around with the acl rules, I isolated it down to the
domain line which seems to cause the problems.. take a default policy
line from the gradm2 tarball, add  (probably with other users)

domain wargamers ul level0 level1 level2 level3 level4 level5 level6
level7 level8 level9 level10

then gradm -E -L /etc/grsec/blah, then gradm -D

The kernel should then panic as before (with edi ==  0x6b6b6b6b)

Hope this helps,
Andrew Griffiths