[grsec] gradm problem

Jaakko Heinonen jheinonen at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 10 02:36:54 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with gradm-2.1.7-200509062034 with following policy
file:
(Please note that the policy file is not useful as is. I have stripped
it down to reproduce the problem.)

--
role default
role_transitions admin
subject /
	/
	/dev
	/dev/grsec	h
	/dev/urandom	r
	/dev/random	r
	/dev/log	r
	/dev/mem	h
	/dev/kmem	h
	/dev/port	h
	/etc		rx
	/bin		rx
	/usr/bin	rx
	/usr/local/bin	rx
	/sbin		rx
	/usr/sbin	rx
	/usr/local/sbin	rx
	/lib		rx
	/usr/lib	rx
	/proc		r
	/proc/kcore	h
	/boot		r
	/etc/grsec	h
	/root		h
	/sys		h

	-CAP_ALL

role admin sA
subject / rvka
	/ rwcdmxil
--

With gradm -E i get the following error message:
Duplicate object found for "/sys" in role default, subject /, on line 27 of /etc/grsec/policy.

I can't see that there is anything wrong in the policy file.

--
Jaakko