[grsec] grsecurity 2.1.7 2.4.31/2.6.13 test patches

Brad Plant bplant at westnet.com.au
Wed Sep 7 02:32:21 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

> I've placed 2.1.7 test patches for 2.4.31 and 2.6.13 at
> http://grsecurity.net/~spender/

>  and fix a rare problem with the previous
> implementation.

I was just wondering if there is a way to get a more detailed
description of the changes that have occurred in between versions when
they are released. Maybe a list of topic numbers (bug numbers) from the
forums allowing users to get more info that way?

In particular I am curious about the rare problem that has just been
fixed. I have a machine running grsecurity that has randomly crashed
twice (I can still ping it though). The logs show nothing except a
string of 0x00 and I have no idea what has happened. The problem is very
rare so I am interested in any bug fixes such as the one mentioned above
so that I can find the cause of the crashes.

Cheers,

Brad