[grsec] 2.6.13.2-grsec 20050930: High frequency of apps dying

Barry.SCHWARTZ at chemoelectric.org Barry.SCHWARTZ at chemoelectric.org
Wed Oct 5 14:28:07 EDT 2005

pageexec at freemail.hu wrote:
> anything that accepts/parses network input is a potential entry
> vector for an attacker, so it makes a lot of sense to run those
> desktop apps as well under a hardened environment (fwiw, i do it
> myself and yet i don't feel like in hell ;-).

Me, too, but in any case I think the main reason people don't write
good documentation for stuff like grsecurity is that they would rather
be doing something else. :)

The zombie army of Windows boxes shows, by horrible example, that not
just servers need protection.

--
Barry.SCHWARTZ at chemoelectric.org   http://www.chemoelectric.org
Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Barijo.SXVARCO at chemoelectric.org
   'And now we're going to go try to comfort people in that
 part of the world.' -- Bush, referring to the southeastern U.S.