[grsec] Learning log differences?

Marc Schiffbauer marc at schiffbauer.net
Wed Mar 30 11:43:12 EST 2005

Hi,

are there any differences in the format of the learning logs between
the role or subjects based and full learning mode?

gradm -E -L ./log vs. gradm -F -L ./log

Will the following work?

I want to produce several learning logs:

 * One recorded when the system does cron.yearly / cron.montly
 * One when a new full backup will be created
 * One for shutdown and reboot
 * etc

Later I tidy up those logfiles a bit like

  sort learn-log.01 | uniq > clean-learn-log.01

After that I make one big file of the log parts

  cat clean-leanr-log.* > big-log

.. and then start gradm -F -L ./big-log -O new-policy

Now if I added logs to that procedure that were recorded using role
or subject based learning... would that fit?

This way I could easily generate a new policy without having to do
days of learning but by adding a short subject based learning-log.

-Marc
--
°    <M3rlin-> what is the legal age to buy alcoholic in england ? °
°  <p5Ds13a06> you cant buy alcoholics                             °