[grsec] Upgraded to 2.1.3 got the following oops.

Tuomas Silen tuomas at silen.eu.org
Wed Mar 16 13:28:07 EST 2005

* Rocky Olsen <rocky at mindphone.org> [15.03.2005 19:41]:

> Upgraded from 2.4.28-2.0.3 to 2.4.29-2.1.3 and had the following oops.
>
> Also wondering if a new patch for 2.6.11.3 will be released, apply 2.1.3 to
> it caused some modules to not compile.
>

> --
>

> what's with today, today?
>
> Email:	rocky at mindphone.org
> PGP:	http://rocky.mindphone.org/rocky_mindphone.org.gpg

Hi,

This looks very much the same slab corruption problem I've been having
after upgrading from 2.4.28 to 2.4.29.

Can you reproduce the oops and how often? When do you get it?
Soon after boot or after some time? At night or when there's a lot of
filesystem activity? Can you reproduce it with a vanilla kernel as it
isn't clear if it's grsec or some change in vanilla kernel that is
causing this?

I always get the oops ~6-8 days after boot on a single cpu machine and
it causes the system to become unusable (no new processes can be forked,
etc, and load slowly raises to >100). Because it takes so long for me to
get the oops, it's been very slow to debug it.

Can you also send your .config so i can compare it to mine?

Regards,

Tuomas Silen