[grsec] new -as patch for 2.6.10

Brad Spengler spender at grsecurity.net
Wed Mar 2 21:21:44 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 04:36:34PM -0700, John Anderson wrote:
> Is the 2.6.11 release available?

I've placed a patch for 2.6.11 in http://grsecurity.net/~spender
If you aren't running it yet, please test it and let me know of any
problems.  I've gotten several reports of it working fine so far and no
reports of any problems.

I'm going to hold off on an official release until the PaX team is able
to fix a bug that occurs in certain scenarios where SEGMEXEC is enabled,
that has been up to now impossible to reproduce.  I myself have never
seen the bug, and it has only been reported by a small number of
people.  The bug is also present in the 2.4 kernel, so I will be
delaying the 2.1.2 release for that as well.  The PaX team has now been
able to reproduce the bug somewhat reliably and is working on a
solution that will hopefully be available shortly.

-Brad