[grsec] patching a Debian kernel

Laszlo Boszormenyi gcs at lsc.hu
Thu Jun 2 01:35:17 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 05:16 +0200, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> Official Debian 2.6.x kernels are 2.6.8, and they already patched it.
 Yes, they have way too many patch in it. :( IMHO they should have
switched to 2.6.10 at least, but well...

> Is the grsecurity compatible with Debian flavour kernels?
 Unfortunately no, and I say (well write) it officialy as I am the
maintainer of GRSecurity related packages in Debian. The patch won't
apply because the kernel is way too divergent from the vanilla flavour,
but if you don't let the Debian patches to apply against the vanilla
source, then you can apply GRSecurity without problems.
 Just an important note: please use kernel 2.6.11.11 at least, even if
it won't be in Sarge (just download the source on your own and use it).

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS
--
BorsodChem Joint-Stock Company   www.debian.org     Linux Support Center
Software engineer                Debian Developer   Developer