[grsec] Problem with grsecurity patch

Tino Hirschmann tino.hirschmann at t-systems.com
Wed Jul 27 12:19:35 EDT 2005

Hi,

I installed the grsecurity patch on a number of machines. I did apply
the patch directly to the kernel sources. After make .oldconfig I choose
"customized" and selected my option. However as it turns out, that some
of the option - mainly PaX features - are missing. First setting it to
security level "high" and afterwards to "customized" did fix that
problem. However if you are unaware of this, you may end up in having a
kernel missing essential PaX features - paxtest did tell me so.
Is this just me seeing that problem or is that a know problem / bug ?

Thanks & Regards,

Tino