[grsec] Newbe question

Laszlo Boszormenyi gcs at lsc.hu
Mon Jul 4 01:34:38 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 23:52 -0500, john wrote:
> Some of the people here have indicated that grsecurity works with debian
> systems,
 Yes, I second that (I am Debian Developer, and maintaining the
gradm and grsecurity packages in Debian).

> once a generic kernel has been substituted for the original kernel.
 You have to do it anyway; Sarge has an overloaded 2.6.8, it is better
to switch to 2.12.2 instead compiled for your needs.

>  How
> does  changing
> kernels affect updates from the debian security team?
 They are different. You can even change some of your
packages and still have security support from Debian.
See http://volatile.debian.net for example.

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS