[grsec] Any usage of CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC_IPADDR with IDS/IPS known?

Edin Dizdarevic edin.dizdarevic at interActive-Systems.de
Wed Jan 12 09:36:52 EST 2005

Hello,

one thing I always wanted to ask but always forgot is if there is an
IDS/IPS which uses the CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC_IPADDR feature? Do I
understand it right that the idea behind is i.e. a task has been
executed remotely and being terminated by the kernel (due to some
violations). The IP adress could be then picked up by the IPS in order
to terminate the particular connection with that possible attacker?

Best regards,
Edin

PS: Google gave me nothing realisable...

--
Edin Dizdarevic