[grsec] Debian, chpax and package upgrades

Christian Jaeger christian.jaeger at ethlife.ethz.ch
Tue Jan 4 05:23:42 EST 2005

Hello

I'm using Debian, and since I don't want to recompile libc etc. now
(since I think (never tried) that's too complicated to handle for a
larger number of (virtual root-)hosts from which many aren't
administrated by me)), I'm still using chpax. This is working fine,
but it is tedious to chpax binaries again if packages are being
upgraded (and explaining the other admins how to do it is tedious as
well). So I'd like to have a scheme where after a package upgrade,
some callback script is run (either only for packages in some local
list of pax-sensitive packages, or for all packages but with an
argument mentioning the package name).

Any ideas? (or tips where to ask?)

Thanks
Christian.