[grsec] Bind segfaults on restart linux-2.4.29-2.1.1

pageexec at freemail.hu pageexec at freemail.hu
Mon Feb 28 23:52:22 EST 2005

> I have seen a few messages posted about this in the forums, but no
> suggestions on the cause of the problem. I am running 2.4.29 with
> grsecurity-2.1.1-2.4.29-200501231159.patch on a fresh installation of
> CentOS 3.4 ( A rebuild of RedHat Enterprise 3). Once I boot onto my
> grsecurity-enabled kernel, bind continues to segfault and will not
> start. Any ideas would be helpful, this is a backup server so I can help
> test any proposed solutions if needed..

look through the archives, i posted some time ago the description
of how to get and analyze a coredump, that's what we'll have to look
at ultimately. without that information we cannot tell what goes
wrong. alternatively (or in addition), you can do some binary search
on the grsec config options, you don't have much enabled so it
should be fast ;-).