[grsec] 2.6.10grsec freezes when starting gradm in learning mode?

Brad Spengler spender at grsecurity.net
Tue Feb 1 10:56:32 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 04:37:15PM +0100, M.Kiesel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Built a 2.6.10grsec kernel, works fine. However, when I try to start
> "gradm -F -L /etc/grsec/learning.log", the system freezes immediately.
>
> Any pointers? I built/installed the gradm Debian package using "fakeroot
> dpkg-buildpackage", just in case that matters...

Can you enable spinlock debugging?  Enabling the other debugging options
in the kernel hacking section, as well as the hangcheck timer, and a
software watchdog wouldn't hurt either.  Do you have an SMP
system?  I've seen a report of this before, but I'm unable to reproduce
it, nor are most other people, but for those that have the bug, it seems
easily reproducible.

-Brad