[grsec] Fedora Core 3 + kernel 2.6.10 + as2 + grsec 2.1.1 == yum problem

Mauro Faccenda faccenda at gmx.net
Tue Feb 1 08:55:24 EST 2005

Hi folks,

I'm trying to make a basic setup with a Fedora Core 3, kernel 2.6.10 +
as2 patches + grsec 2.1.1.

Everything seemed to be fine, with the setup I did, but yum doesn't
work, so I can't make the security updates from the Fedora team with
yum's help.

The error that I get when I try to run 'yum update' (or with any other
parameter) is:

# yum update
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 6, in ?
     import yummain
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 23, in ?
     import yum
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 21, in ?
     import rpm
ImportError: libbeecrypt.so.6: cannot enable executable stack as shared
object requires: Permission denied

There's no entry in the syslog, neither in terminals when yum is executed.

Any tip?

Thanks in advance,
	Mauro