[grsec] Duplicate root role in policy file

Kurt Pomeroy kpomeroy at lakecrest.ca
Thu Dec 1 08:36:01 EST 2005

Hey guys,
	Just starting over re-learning in full learning mode over the past few days. I disabled the system
and then converted the new rules into the system policy, then as root, i tried to start up the system
and received the following error

"Duplicate role root on line 3485 of /etc/grsec/policy.
The RBAC system will not be allowed to be enabled until this error is fixed."

I have gotten this message a few times in the past but didnt have much luck finding it or
figuring out why this happens.

Any ideas?

Is there something im doing wrong? Also you have to be root to start and stop the system correct?
and every time I try /sbin/gradm -a admin as a normal user (im trying to configure the system
as a regular user and stay out of su'ing to root) but I always get invalid password. I dont think I
quite have a handle on the administrative roles and how to configure the system as a regular user.

thanks for any and all input, it is greatly appreciated :)

mean while..ahhhhhhhhhhh

i think ive just found one part of my problem. I think i was using /sbin/gradm -a admin without
doing /sbin/gradm -P admin

I belive I was only setting the system wide password, /sbin/gradm -P and didnt specify the role (admin)

I think lol

cheers fellas