[grsec] RLIMIT failure {Scanned}

pageexec at freemail.hu pageexec at freemail.hu
Tue Apr 12 07:45:02 EDT 2005

> If I set: 'ulimit -c unlimited; ulimit -s unlimited', I became a core
> file. Is there an user friendly way to read it?

i posted some instructions on core analysis a while ago, check the
mailing list archives. for these particular cases, i can't see why
tar crashed, the supposedly faulty instruction certainly can't have
caused it. for info it's a NULL pointer dereference in info_visit_menu(),
but i haven't looked further.

> The core files are in the attachment.

next time post them on the web, don't send such big files in email.
also, since a coredump may contain sensitive information, better
keep it away from the public and give it only to people who actually
need it.