[grsec] gradm2 Compiling errors on Woody/2.4.28

Ned Ludd solar at gentoo.org
Thu Nov 25 12:48:38 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 02:32, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

> > > I've fixed this in CVS and in the tarball on the website, and compiled
> > > with bison (I've been using byacc) to make sure there are no more
> > > problems.
> > >
> > > In the future I'll use a versioning system similar to PaX that will have
> > > a timestamp as well as a version number, to prevent this "multiple
> > > copies of the same named tarball" problem.  The gradm version is tied to
> > > the grsec version, so I'd like to avoid changing version numbers for
> > > compilation problems.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The new package available on the web site compiles well.  Regarding the
> > versioning, I agree that the timestamp as weel as the version number
> > will be much better to handle the multiple copies of the same tarball.
> > Is this something that could be applied to gradm too by just renaming
> > the generated tarball without having to change the version in the soucre
> > code?
>
> why not using let's say main version 2.0.2 (for gradm/grsec internally)
> and version 2.0.2.x for subversions?

2.0.2.x would sure help me as well.
The grsec patch was updated 3 times in place. This causes md5sum
conflicts for us as our portage systems mirrors patches and the mirrors
can end up with different patches.

One solution for me is to fetch the patch myself and put it on gentoo
mirrors and nolonger have our system fetch from grsec directly. But then
you Brad loses all stats in his logs coming from gentoo users.

--
Ned Ludd <solar at gentoo.org>
Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded) Developer