[grsec] Resource limit bug?

Marc Schiffbauer marc at schiffbauer.net
Tue Nov 9 04:10:39 EST 2004

* spender at grsecurity.net schrieb am 09.11.04 um 03:41 Uhr:
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 02:29:39AM +0100, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > is that maybe a grsec bug? "requesting 1024 against limit 1024"
>
> Nope, the kernel says requesting >= the limit is a violation of
> the resource limit in this case, so it's a legitimate log.

Thank you Brad. But then I ask myself how to give mysql more file
descriptors. Calling "ulimit" as root gives "unlimited" so ther
sould not be an ulimit for that process. Then I extended the subject
so that it contains:

RES_NOFILE      1024    2048

But that did not helpThank you Brad. But then I ask myself how to
give mysql more file descriptors. Calling "ulimit" as root gives
"unlimited" so ther sould not be an ulimit for that process. Then I
extended the subject so that it contains:

RES_NOFILE      1024    2048

But that did not helpThank you Brad. But then I ask myself how to
give mysql more file descriptors. Calling "ulimit" as root gives
"unlimited" so ther sould not be an ulimit for that process. Then I
extended the subject so that it contains:

RES_NOFILE      1024    2048

But that did not help.. any hints?

-Marc