[grsec] binutils 2.15.91.0.1 + PaX patch for Debian SID

Marc-Christian Petersen m.c.p at gmx.net
Fri Jul 30 06:05:56 EDT 2004

On Saturday 24 July 2004 21:33, Lucas Albers wrote:

Hi Lucas,

> > I've done new binutils with PaX patch for Debian SID (unstable) usage
> > Next on my todo is newest libc which works with NOVSYSCALL from PaX. I
> > don't
> > want to wait another 2 years for Debian to fix that up :p

> I take debian just won't make these changes to to binutils and libc?
> Why not, I wonder.

maybe debian policy or whatever ... ;( I think they won't take these, never
ever, and if I am wrong, maybe in 2-3 years *scnr*

> Are they major changes?
> Have you filed bugs against the mainstream packages?

Well, just read the changelog. zless /usr/share/doc/binutils/changelog.gz
I'm not aware of major bugs.

Debian just got binutils 2.15 into SID. Available tomorrow, or now from
incoming.debian.org. Unforunately even w/o relro support.

I'm just cooking up a new binutils package based on cvs from today with relro
and PaX support. After that finally a new glibc package with fixed vsyscall. A
bug report for glibc exists since months but they only fix man page issues or
typos and kinda that instead of real bugs.

--
ciao, Marc